Asia Middle East Forum
The Asian continent is considered the largest in space, population, natural resources and the highest in population and economic growth world-wide. It is, as well, the nearest to the Middle East in terms of culture, religion, civilization exchange other than the common fate during the colonization era. This creates an opportunity as well as a challenge to explore the available and possible opportunities that may serve both sides; Asia and the Middle East.
Moreover, Turkey is one of the most important countries in the Middle East and the whole of Asia for its strong connection with civilization of the past and development of the present. Therefore, we believe that Istanbul with its deep rootedness, history, diversity, middle geography among the three continents as well as economic development is the most suitable starting point for this ambitious project.
Proceeding from the abovementioned understanding, Asia Middle East Forum (AMEF) was established in June 2016 as a manifestation of this understanding hoping that what we believe in will become a reality someday soon. The idea of this Forum came to the mind of Dr. Mohammad Makram when he was in Malaysia -heading one NGO called Yayasan Al-Quds– that we, the people of the region, need to discover Asia and reach out to Asians. Yet, it was only when he came to Turkey that he was able to establish this legal entity to start working on what he believed in. the Forum completed its administrative structure by Turkish and Arab staff who lived in some parts of Asia and moved to Turkey later on.
A pioneering platform for an Asian Middle Eastern Dialogue
Establishing new relations and reinforcing those in existence through providing opportunities and facilitating effective communication for those interested in both sides
- Knowing and exploring Asia through direct contact.
- Establishing relations in those countries
- Presenting Middle Eastern issues to the rest of Asia
- Exploring opportunities on both sides and making them available.
- Being a reference in the affairs and relations of Asia and the Middle East
Areas of work:
- Organizing visits for establishing ties and exchanging experiences for those interested on both sides
- Conducting specialized seminars
- Specialized workshops
- Specialized periodicals, essays and papers
- Providing consultations in this regard
Asia Middle East Forum