Asia Middle East Forum (AMEF) concluded the work of the first international conference entitled “China and the Palestinian Cause”, in cooperation with a group of international organizations and institutions, and friends of the Palestinian people in the People’s Republic of China, on Saturday, October 30, 2021, in the Turkish city of Istanbul, with the presence and participation of elites, Reputable political and academic figures from various countries of the region.
The participants expressed their appreciation for the conference and its goals of strengthening Sino-Palestinian relations in various fields, and its vision that calls for joint cooperation in order to create a bright future for Sino-West Asian relations, with a focus on Palestine and its just cause, as a cornerstone in the stability of the region and its future as a whole.
The participants in the conference re- called the Chinese-Palestinian historical relations, as well as the most important political and cultural ties, stressing that history and the present push reliable steps towards a brighter future, and make unremitting efforts to expand the common ground, towards strengthening the political, economic and cultural partnership between the People’s Republic of China, the Palestinian people, and the peoples of the Arab and Islamic region.
They stressed the importance of strengthening dialogue and cooperation between the two sides to raise the level of Chinese-Palestinian relations in all fields, taking into account the new situations and the required compatibility with the common interests of the Chinese, Palestinian and Arab peoples in a way that serves peace and development in the world.
The participants recorded their appreciation for the work of the conference, their satisfaction with China’s rise globally, which would maintain international peace and security, and their appreciation that abundant opportunities are available that would enhance the common relationship between China, the Palestinian cause and the region as a whole.
The discussions, and the words of the participants, concluded with a number of recommendations, the most important of which are:
- First: In the Political Field:
- The importance of China’s sponsorship of the Palestinian cause in international forums and organizations, and taking positions that would contribute to stopping violations against the Palestinian people.
- Emphasizing that the issue of Palestine is the central issue of the Arab and Islamic peoples, and it is the sound entrance to achieving security and peace in the region, which contributes to achieving sustainable development and developing more stable Chinese-West Asian economic projects.
- Second: In the Field of Promoting Cultural and Human Communication and Dialogue of Civilizations:
- Enhancing visits and mutual contacts between elites and institutions of the People’s Republic of China and Palestine, as well as Arab and Islamic institutions, and exchanging experiences in various sectors.
- Supporting communication and cooperation between Palestinian and Chinese institutions and civil society organizations in all fields in order to enhance understanding and friendship between the peoples of both sides.
- Calling for the intensification of conferences, cultural and scientific activities, and the promotion of academic and student exchange between researchers, as an entry point for strengthening joint ties.
- The call to adopt the language of constructive dialogue and to promote unity of understanding between the People’s Republic of China at the official level, and all the living and influential components of the Palestinian people, as well as the influential actors in the Arab and Islamic region.